Frequently Asked Questions
How can I become a member of BRCCU?
- You can be eligible for a BRCCU membership if you live or work in the following townships or municipalities: Armada, Berlin, Casco, Columbus, Lenox, Ray, Richmond, Riley, or Wales. You may also be eligible if you are a previous member of the credit union or are a relative or reside in the household of an existing member. A $10 deposit to a savings account is required at the time of opening an account.
Is there a fee to open an account with BRCCU?
- There is an initial minimum $10 deposit to your savings account at the time of opening. However, there are no fees to start your BRCCU membership. View our Fee Schedule.
Can I open a checking account without a savings account?
- No. Every member must open a savings account before adding any other type of account.
What is Belle River Community Credit Union’s Routing Number?
- You can find our routing number on the bottom right side of our website or on the left side of your checks. Our routing number is 272484108.
How do I change my address?
- We require a signature to complete an address change. Send your request to Belle River Community Credit Union, PO Box 159, Richmond, MI 48062, fax it to 586-727-7460 or visit our branch.
I lost my debit card; how do I order a replacement?
- Call the credit union as soon as possible at (586)727-6855, to complete the necessary steps to shut down your card. If your debit card is lost after business hours call (888)849-6046 as soon as possible.
How do I unlock my account online?
- If you have locked your account from Web Branch access, you need to contact the credit union at (586)727-6855. We will verify your identity and provide you with a new temporary password for Web Branch. The temporary password expires after 24 hours, so you will need to login with the temporary password and change your password within that time frame.
What are your hours?
- Monday-Thursday 9am-430pm, Friday 9am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-12pm.
How do I avoid the $2 Paper Statement Fee each month?
- All you need to do is log into your BRCCU account and enroll in E-Statements under the service tab. Belle River’s free E-Statements help simplify your life and help you go green with just a few easy steps! Once you enroll in E-Statements, you will start receiving statements to your email and will no longer be charged $2.00 for Paper Statements.
How do I get an ATM or Debit Card through BRCCU?
- You will need to apply for an ATM or Debit Card by visiting our branch and completing an application form. You should receive a response the same day your application form is completed.
How do I change the Pin for my BRCCU ATM or Debit Card?
- Your PIN is computer generated. Unfortunately, you are unable to change or select your PIN.
Is there a limit to how much money I can withdraw using my ATM card?
- There is a daily withdrawal limit of $250.00
How do I apply for a loan?
- Applying for a loan with BRCCU it is quick and easy! You have the option to either apply online or visit the credit union and apply in person. To apply online fill out an online application here!
What is the difference between a credit union and a bank?
- Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that exist to serve their members. Like banks, credit unions accept deposits, make loans and provide a wide array of other financial services. But as member-owned and cooperative institutions, credit unions provide a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates. Credit unions are owned and controlled by the people, or members, who use their services. Your vote counts. A volunteer board of directors is elected by members to manage a credit union.